Shion 3.0α1 is now available.
Please read the following release notes carefully.
This is the initial alpha release for Shion 3. This software is still very much under construction and has some very rough edges. In no particular order, some of the current major issues:
1. The AppleScript, RemoteBuddy, XMPP dialog, and other non-GUI interfaces remain unimplemented.
2. The DVR, Bluetooth, GPS, and camera devices have not yet been implemented.
3. The menu items leading to Shion web pages remain incomplete, pending the completion of the new Shion website.
4. Networked controller support (SmartLinc, EZServe) is not present in this release.
5. There are a variety of minor UI bugs in the device display and in general when running on 10.4 Tiger.
6. Sprinkler support is currently missing.
7. Changes in the device configuration from the preferences panel (modem & controllers) require an application restart to take effect.
8. You will need to reenter your devices, as the migration code is not yet complete.
That said, this release introduces the following improvements:
1. New, streamlined GUI.
2. Improved Shion Framework for hardware device communication.
3. Support for the PowerLinc 2412 USB & serial controllers. (USB users, please install the FTDI VCP 232R drivers before configuring in Shion.)
4. Support for the new Shion Online service.
This alpha release is not intended for production use and is mainly intended to solicit feedback on the direction of the product. This release has been tested with the PowerLinc 2414U, PowerLinc 2412U/S, CM11A, and CM15A controllers.
Please submit any feedback in the comments below. Two weeks from now, I am aiming to release the second alpha, which will address the issues present in this release.