Shion 3.0α2 is now available.
Please read the following release notes carefully.
This is the initial alpha release for Shion 3. This software is still very much under construction and has some very rough edges. In no particular order, some of the current major issues:
1. The AppleScript, RemoteBuddy, XMPP dialog, and other non-GUI interfaces remain unimplemented.
2. The DVR, Bluetooth, GPS, and camera devices have not yet been implemented.
3. The menu items leading to Shion web pages remain incomplete, pending the completion of the new Shion website.
4. Networked controller support (SmartLinc, EZServe) is not present in this release.
5. Sprinkler support is currently missing.
6. Changes in the device configuration from the preferences panel (modem & controllers) require an application restart to take effect.
7. You will need to reenter your devices, as the migration code is not yet complete.
This release introduces the following improvements:
1. Better support for Mac OS X 10.4 and PowerPC configurations.
2. Improved Shion Framework for hardware device communication.
4. Improved support for the new Shion Online service. (Beta testers, setup instructions will be arriving shortly.)
This alpha release is not intended for production use and is mainly intended to solicit feedback on the direction of the product. This release has been tested with the PowerLinc 2414U, PowerLinc 2412U/S, CM11A, and CM15A controllers.
Please submit any feedback in the comments below.
Update: I’m noticing some bugs in extended testing using the PowerLinc 2412S with a KeySpan adapter on PowerPC platforms (10.4 & 10.5). I’m working on a fix and should have an update out shortly.