Shion 3.0α5 is now available.
Please read the following release notes carefully.
This is an early alpha release for Shion 3. This software is still very much under construction and has some very rough edges. In no particular order, some of the current major issues:
1. The RemoteBuddy interface remains unimplemented.
2. The DVR, Bluetooth, GPS, and camera devices have not yet been implemented.
3. The menu items leading to Shion web pages remain incomplete, pending the completion of the new Shion website.
4. Networked controller support (SmartLinc, EZServe) is not present in this release.
5. Sprinkler support is currently missing.
6. Changes in the device configuration from the preferences panel (modem & controllers) require an application restart to take effect.
7. (Shion 2 Users) You will need to reenter your devices, as the migration code is not yet complete.
This release introduces the following improvements:
1. Better support for CM11A & CM15A X10 controllers. In particular, Shion’s CM15A support should be much more robust. (There is an issue sending DIM commands from that controller – a fix is in the works.)
2. The Events window has been integrated into the main Console window. This section will become better fleshed out in the next couple of releases.
3. Support for triggers in Shion Touch.
Note to testers: A lot of effort has been spent improving the performance of the CM15A & CM11A controllers. Please post a comment or send feedback if you continue to experience problems with these devices.
This alpha release is not intended for production use and is mainly intended to solicit feedback on the direction of the product. This release has been tested with the PowerLinc 2414U, PowerLinc 2412U/S, CM11A, and CM15A controllers.
Please submit any feedback in the comments below.