Shion 3.0α6 is now available.
Please read the following release notes carefully.
This is an alpha release for Shion 3. This software is still very much under construction and has some very rough edges. In no particular order, some of the current major issues:
1. The RemoteBuddy interface remains unimplemented.
2. The DVR, Bluetooth, GPS, and camera devices have not yet been implemented.
3. The menu items leading to Shion web pages remain incomplete, pending the completion of the new Shion website.
4. Networked controller support (SmartLinc, EZServe) is not present in this release.
5. Sprinkler support is currently missing.
6. Changes in the device configuration from the preferences panel (modem & controllers) require an application restart to take effect.
7. (Shion 2 Users) You will need to reenter your devices, as the migration code is not yet complete.
This release introduces the following improvements:
1. Improved main pane UI. Snapshots and triggers are now visible in the history views. Furthermore, you can now click devices in the history view to navigate to the actual device.
2. The Events window has been fleshed out to allow filtering per device, trigger, and snapshot.
3. Bug fixes in the Shion framework to address broken thermostat functionality..
This alpha release is not intended for production use and is mainly intended to solicit feedback on the direction of the product. This release has been tested with the PowerLinc 2414U, PowerLinc 2412U/S, CM11A, and CM15A controllers.
Please submit any feedback in the comments below.